Outerwear for Sale in Chicago
Earth Rider Cycling is a women-owned bike shop that has light weight, waterproof and windproof jackets for sale in Chicago for when you are on your bike or any other outdoor activity. These jackets allow you to be warm, dry, and comfortable while outdoors. We carry a full range of sizes for women and men and both light weight shells and heavier lined jackets. All of our outerwear includes reflective features to help you be safe and be seen while you are outdoors.
How to Stay Visible While Riding Your BikeBeing visible increases your safety on the road. Here are some tips for being seen:
1) Ride In The Daylight - one of the easiest ways to stay more visible when cycling is to ride during the day whenever possible when there's plenty of light.
2) Light up your bike- use a bright white front light of at least 300 lumens on the front and a red rear light of a minimum of 110 lumens. A blinking light, front or rear, will attract even more attention.
3) Adjust your position on the road to be seen - the best position for a cyclist riding on a road is as far right as practicable, but sometimes the road configuration suggests your position be adjusted further left to be better seen. At stop lights get in front of a line of cars waiting for the traffic light to change so motorists can see you and be aware of any cars making a right turn in front of you.
4) Signal your intentions - use hand signals to let other road users know if you can changing lanes, slowing down, or turning.
5) Wear reflective clothing - apparel that reflects light from car headlights and other road users is a good choice for all outdoor activity. Outerwear that is waterproof, windproof, and breathable is a plus.
Browse the Earth Rider selection of outerwear on our website below. You can shop online for curb side pickup or to be shipped to you or come into our bike shop in Chicago and try on before buying to assure the perfect fit.